Baked American Cheesecake
Ingredients for 12 portions, 10" Ø springform cake tin
|For the crust|
|5.3 oz (150 g)||Graham crackers, crumbled|
|1.8 oz (50 g)||Butter, melted|
|For the filling|
|17.6 oz (500 g)||QimiQ Classic, room temperature|
|8.8 oz (250 g)||Sugar|
|0.7 oz (20 g)||Vanilla sugar|
|1.6 oz (45 g)||Corn starch|
|24.7 oz (700 g)||Cream cheese, e.g Philadelphia|
|7.1 oz (200 g)||Natural yogurt|
|3.4 fl oz (100 ml)||Lemon juice|
|Lemon peel, finely grated|
- Preheat the oven to 195° F (conventional oven).
- Add the melted butter to the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Press firmly into the base of a greased cake ring.
- To prepare the filling; Whisk QimiQ Classic smooth.
- Mix the sugar, vanilla sugar and corn starch together, add to the QimiQ Classic and mix well.
- Add the cream cheese, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice and lemon peel. Mix well.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and bake in the pre-heated oven for approx. 120 minutes.
- Note: The cheesecake is soft after baking. Chill for at least 8 hours to set completely.
QimiQ Classic Advantages
- Reduces skin formation
- Longer shelf life without loss of quality
- Quick and simple preparation
- Binds with fluid - no separation of ingredients