Black and White Pound Cake
Ingredients for 12 portions, 1 lb cake tin
|8.8 oz||QimiQ Classic, room temperature|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|7.4 oz||Flour, plain|
|0.4 oz||Cocoa powder|
- Preheat the oven to 320° F (conventional oven).
- Whisk the butter with 100 g / 3.5 oz sugar and vanilla aroma until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the egg yolks and whisk well together.
- Whisk QimiQ Classic smooth. Add to the mixture and continue to whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk the egg whites and remaining 100 g / 3.5 oz sugar until stiff.
- Sift the baking powder with the flour and fold into the QimiQ mixture.
- Fold in the stiff egg whites.
- Halve the mixture, add the cocoa powder to one half and combine well.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a loaf tin lined with grease-proof baking paper. Top with the vanilla mixture and stir carefully with a wooden spoon to create a marble effect
- Bake for approx. 50 minutes.
QimiQ Classic Advantages
- Bake stable
- Quick and simple preparation